Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Bluetooth Low Energy to bring new "creepy" factor to store mannequins

Iconeme Launches Bluetooth Beacon Solution for Mannequins - See more at: http://www.rfidjournal.com/articles/view?11637#sthash.O7cx1eLD.dpuf
A link to a video describing their VMBeacon

These are nothing compared to what is coming. Already I have the capability to do what these mannequins do with a simple computer like the Arduino series.  By adding a servo and an ultrasonic sensor I will be able to detect and count customers and even give them "eye contact" maybe even a wink.  I am researching using Synthetic Aperture Sonar  techniques in order to apply their benefits to short range ultrasonic arrays.  My "Ultrasonic Flashlight for the Blind" will be an interesting test bed for some techniques that can lead to  great applications. I can't wait for a mannequin to tell me where the "big and tall" department is! 
#arduino   #bluetooth  

No comments:

Post a Comment